SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gmom74

A weird Outlook Express problem

gmom74
15 years ago

The basic problem is that I lost the OE account- how, I don't know. I have a new one again but everything from the old connection is gone, even all the folders. I was looking at the identities window to see if there were anything there I might suggest to a friend to help with HIS email problems. As I closed that window it felt like I went cross-eyed for a second and when I went back to my OE, it was all gone. I did not hit any button on the Identities window except the 'close' button. I tried System Restore but it didn't work. The Internet connection didn't fail- only the connection to my email account. One thing that is left from the old account are the bak. files that OE put in the recycle bin from the last time it was compressed. All the folders are there. When I hover over one of the bak. files it says it is located in the C:\Document and Settings\Compaq_owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\(BD6FE74D-EB85-4434-88F0-0 Type-BAK File. Is there some way to associate those with the new account which has the same name, email address, etc. Or is there any way to restore them to a readable format?

I have a Compaq Presario, using Bellsouth, Outlook Express. I sure hope some of you wizards can help.

Thanks

Comments (10)