SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msm84

FireFox 3.5.2 problems

msm84
14 years ago

I have never had a problem with any of the Firefox updates until this one. Pages load ok and general use seems to be ok, but when I have to upload to my web space (Which is quite often) is when I have problems. Thought at first it might be on my hosts side, but if I use IE things are fine. They are fine with Google Chrome too. What happens is when I go to upload via the built in console in my space everything locks up for awhile and it takes forever to transfer files from my computer to my space. I have used this console for years and really like it and really don't want to use a 2nd party FTP.

I have read and tried the suggestion of turning off all add-ons, but that didn't help. Something is being blocked or scanned in the background is what I think, but what? I love FireFox and want it to work again correctly!!

I do have older versions in a folder and would like to dump the new verison. Will the older version install over the new one or do I need to uninstall first? Then what happens to my bookmarks if I uninstall the 3.5.2? I know FireFox needed to do some security changes, but dang I hate when it turns out not to be a "One Size Fits All" change..........sigh

MsM84

HP 1630n

XP Home/sp2

2G ram

(4 years old)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH