SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biwa45

Anyone know the Pale Moon browser and/or FireFox addon, Scrapbook??

biwa45
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

About 2 days ago, I learned of the Pale Moon browser, which is based on what FireFox used to be, and I tried it. I really liked it--for one thing, because FF has been changing so much that some addons become useless and apparently there are more radical changes in view; it lets me use the "red cats" theme I used to be able to have on FF, but can't anymore.

The problem: The add-on called Scrapbook is incompatible with Pale Moon, so I figured I would just have to switch back and forth to use FireFox when I wanted to find something I had saved there. And I had hundreds of things saved. But tonight when I went to do that, I discovered that every single entry had disappeared from Scrapbook. Possibly it is from something I did without knowing, or maybe there is some strange link between Pale Moon and FireFox, because I found that all my saved passwords have also disappeared from FireFox. Yet they are now in Pale Moon, fortunately, but that can't happen with Scrapbook, as it is incompatible with PM.

I had read somewhere in all the explanations that "Sure, you can use both browsers and switch back and forth," so these disappearances are very disconcerting. Does anyone have an idea how I might get my Scrapbook contents back? I have this note stored in my documents folder :

Where bookmarks are stored for Firefox:

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.xxx Filename:bookmarks.html

and thought of using it, substituting "scrapbook" for "bookmarks," then realized that I have no idea where I would enter such an address to begin with. I checked C:\ in My Computer, but there is no "Documents and Settings" listed under it. Waaaaah!

Any help much appreciated.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!