SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dudsiam

Computer Protection; The Age Old Question

dudsiam
13 years ago

Several years ago, I had my computer in the shop with some virus problems. They took off my McAfee protection and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. I have had no new viruses. Here is my concern.....on the Microsoft Security icon located down near my clock.....I get a warning that I am potentially unprotected, because my virus and spyware definitions have not been updated for 7 days. When I click on "Update"...it briefly makes an attempt at updating, but then abruptly stops the update......and I am back to square one; "Potentially Unprotected".

I am not sure if I need to get another virus protection platform, or if I just need to stick with what I have. I can do a scan of my computer and it comes back clean, but I am worried about some recent attacks. I like Security Essentials. It has kept me safe, but I am worried that I may not be as safe as it seems at first glance.

Any suggestions on how to get my updates with Security Essentials......or a suggestion on what I need to to have good protection.

Thanks,

Larry

Comments (3)