SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherilynn_gw

Should I replace 48'' Thermador with Monogram 48''

sherilynn
16 years ago

Hi, I have a two and a half year old 48" Dual-Fuel Thermador Professional Range with Grill & Griddle. The "potentiometer" went out for this model NO replacement parts can be found nation wide. I have a 4 year warranty bumper to bumper additional warranty with G.E. and they have asked if I would consider going with a Monogram unit. I told them I would and have a case number and will call them back today to tell them what I want, which will be another Thermador or a comparable Monogram.

Thermador Cons: I have had nothing but issue after issue with the Thermador's burners, control panel, fans, etc. I also hate the 5 star burners; they are a P.I.T.A. to clean should anything boil over. There is NO timer or way to set a delayed bake feature. I am not sure if G.E. has this.

Thermador PROS: It has a huge dial thermostat on the front and the interior oven is larger and wider than the G.E. Monogram. It also has the Titanium non-stick griddle, which is nice and used all the time by the kiddos.

FWIW, if anyone is in the market for the grill on the stove, I have it and hate using it because of the mess and inconvenience cleaning it up.

Anyone have a Monogram or Thermador that would like to share their views? They want me to let them know A.S.A.P.

Thank you,

SheriLynn

Comments (3)