SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pwill_gw

Need 48' Range-Reviews of GE Monogram, American, BlueStar, Wolf?

pwill
15 years ago

Courtesy of my homeowners' insurance policy, I'm replacing my 2003 48" Thermador ProGrand range, for reasons too numerous to list in detail, but which include poor quality equipment, non-repair-ability, and a complete lack of commitment to customer satisfaction from B/S/H (parent company). So, since my kitchen has a 48" opening, I'm stuck with replacing the Thermador with something else of that size. I'm gun shy of getting another lemon from a company with lousy customer service. Does anyone have experience with the following companies/brands: GE Monogram, American Range, BlueStar and Wolf? I'm specifically interested in reliability and service after the warranty has expired. I'm less interested in the name of the brand now, after my experience with the top-of-the-line Thermador, and more interested in how well the unit actually works. Does anyone have experience ordering a large range online, rather than from a local dealer? How does one get it installed if ordered from an online supplier? What is service like after the sale if an online supplier is used? I'm leaning toward the Wolf only because Wolf offers a two-year warranty; however, I'm concerned about some of the issues raised in other posts. I don't want to spend thousands of my own money (insurance will cover about $8K) only to get another gold-plated lemon. Any opinions welcome, but please, no posts from those with a financial interest/employment in any range manufacturer.

Comments (23)