SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurensmom21_gw

need feedback with new plan please :)

laurensmom21
11 years ago

I'm back! We just got our 1st draft from architect #3. Let's hope third time's the charm :)

To bring everyone up to speed:

Love coastal shingle style although we're nowhere near a coast, 3000ish sq ft 2 story, master on main level, 3 bedrooms upstairs. Building on 10 acres of flat pasture in rural IL. 3 kiddos ages 8, 6 & 4. Very casual lifestyle, want large gathering spaces, but not too open. I imagine us spending tons of time on the screen porch.

Please let me know what you think. My main concern now is that there is no easy access to the screen porch. I to access it via the dining or family rm area, but still have a transition/mud area located somewhere near the porch too to put all the shoes, coats, etc. so they're not strewn all throughout my living area when the kids come in from the porch.

I also would like a family entrance somewhere - probably where the current laundry is now. Then I would probably move the laundry into the craft room & reduce that room's size. As it is now, this plan is about 3500 sq ft. Seems like a huge number, but none of the rooms are huge - so I'm not sure what to do...

I'm also not sure if I like the flat roof over the portico (we get a lot of snow here sometimes) but I do like the general feel of the ext. so far.

I'm also not sure of the kitchen/dining/fam rm area. Seems a little tight - what do you all think?

Thanks for your advice - I think I might be getting closer. After spending almost 2 years trying to find a plan, I might actually get to build sometime in the near future - wow! :)

{{gwi:1493928}}

{{gwi:1493929}}

{{gwi:1493930}}

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths