SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tominla_gw

Jenn-Air vs. Electrolux ICON gas ranges

TominLA
12 years ago

Greetings.

I realize that in this forum these are two less than glamorous brands, but they both fit my needs and budget, and I'd appreciate as wide a range of input and opinions as I can collect from anyone who would care to speak up.

I learned that Jenn-Air terminated their production agreement with DCS a few years ago, so I don't know who is manufacturing for them now, unless it is current in-house Whirlpool Corp. excess capacity.

I have had success with Whirlpool manufactured goods in the past. I have to say that I've had success with every brand of major appliance I've owned...Whirlpool, Kenmore (Whirlpool manufactured), Magic Chef, GE... maybe I've just been lucky. I have never owned Electrolux/Frigidaire.

Capital-Precision will also fit my budget, but I know of no one who has first hand experience with their products in home.

Functionality and reliability are my driving decision factors, but aesthetics do matter. All three brands fill the bill in the latter arena.

I think I've done too much online research on my own because I'm still at a loss as to the best choice of the three brands.

Have at it, ladies and gentlemen. I'm all ears, and thank you in advance.

Comments (20)