SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

New curtains to flank the front door.

Lars
14 years ago

I just finished making new curtains for the windows on either side of the front door. This is the second set of curtains I've made for these windows (not counting the fabric wings that I put on when we first moved in). The second curtains were a nice African inspired print, but the print was too small, and I was lucky enough to find the new fabric panels at the Abbot Kinney Street Fair. They were not exactly the same length, and so one had to be shortened, and one had to be lengthened, which was tricky to get them to look like a matched set with the loops at the top. It took several fittings to get it right. The fabric looks painted when you look at it close up, and so they are each one of a kind, which is one of the reasons they don't match. I'm not concerned with things matching exactly, but I did want them to be the same size!

This picture shows the vase that we bought at the fair - off to the left. It's from Honduras and was made by the Lencan tribe, who have revived an ancient technique of making pottery and are using ancient designs. This goes well with my Zapotec tapestry, the design of which comes from a small cylinder 2000 years old, now in the Anthropology Museum in Mexico City.

I have a lot more to do to finish getting the house all settled, but I wanted to have the living room ready for Halloween, since we now have a few children in the neighborhood. We bought Japanese gummy candy in case we get trick or treaters.

Lars

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz