SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweeby

Body sprays - Love em?

sweeby
15 years ago

I'm helping a friend design her master bath renovation, and she's wanting to put in body sprays (2 per side, so 4 total) in addition to a regular shower head. No rain shower or hand-held. The existing shower is 30 years old, and supplied by what we're assuming (no demolition has been done yet) is 1/2" copper pipe.

First question - Has anyone here done this and do you love your body sprays or find you hardly use them? Also, is the water flow rate adequate for all these outlets? Or would the body sprays (in her words) merely 'spit at you'?

Second question - I'm wondering if the 1/2" supply line will adequately supply all of these water heads or if she'd need to run a 3/4" line instead. The lady trying to sell her $3,000 worth of plumbing fixtures assures us that "It's done all the time - works fine!" But I've got my doubts... She said to transition from the existing 1/2" line to a 3/4" line for 5-6 feet before switching back to 1/2" lines right before the fixtures. I'll freely admit that I know very little about plumbing, but this doesn't make any sense to me. I would think you'd need to run 3/4" line all the way from the 3/4" trunks for optimal performance. But that means drilling into concrete slab. Any comments?

Comments (8)