SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clubm

What is your favorite perfume/cologne/body spray?

clubm
14 years ago

what is your favorite perfume/cologne/body spray?

Comments (47)

• monica_pa Grieves
    14 years ago

Perfume...Joy by Jean Patou.

Cologne...rarely wear it,but when I do - DKNY Cashmere mist.

Don't use a body spray.

• caflowerluver
    14 years ago

Channel #5 use to be my all time favorite. It's what my Mom use to wear. Now I can't take perfumes of any kind. They wreck havoc with my sinus and can make me physically ill. I hate it when both men and women bathe in their perfumes or cologne and you are stuck next to them in a public place.
    Clare

• Related Discussions

What is your favorite, not too strong, perfume/fragrance?

Q

Comments (41)
    I sort of envy people who find a scent that works for them and becomes their "signature" scent. I rarely wear any perfume, only because I don't think of it, but a good friend just gave me Jo Malone's grapefruit perfume for my birthday. I love it! I've been wearing it every day. I also have Chanel Allure, and Sarah Jessica Parker's first perfume (I think she may have come out with another one after the one I have, not sure). I also have a good "everyday" light spray called Fresh Cotton? or something like that, from Bath & Body Works. I like it in the summer when you just want a spray of something light.
    ...See More

How do you make body spray with FO?

Q

Comments (1)
    I make it with Distilled water and Witch Hazel.. But you can also use cymethlicone...Just do a google...or your favorite search engine.
    ...See More

Bath&Body Works Favorites.................

Q

Comments (12)
    I don't think I've found one I don't like. When my mother was failing and in a wheelchair, we used to go in there and have a ball smelling every one and choosing what we wanted to buy. Buy 3 get one free or whatever it was. It is difficult to provide a lot of fun for an elderly person in a wheelchair, but we surely did enjoy BB Works. If you like the smell of almonds, try Kiehl's Deluxe Hand and Body Lotion. It's a little like old fashioned Jergens.
    ...See More

Favorite body sunscreen?

Q

Comments (23)
    On the side trip. I don't know about gluten specifically. Is there a gluten allergy or is it just intolerance? People can definitely have contact reactions to things they are allergic to with no need for it to enter the digestive system. I am allergic to pine and get hives from contact with pine needles--trust me I don't eat them. And I know kids with peanut allergies, which are a food allergy, who have reactions just from peanut butter touching them. One of dd's classmates recently had a rash on his face from a kid at a play area who ate a peanut butter sandwich then touched his face. (This was not at school.). Apparently there is an allergy?
    ...See More
  • Tally
    14 years ago

Sensual Amber - Bath & Body Works

• aprilflower
    14 years ago

I have 2 favorites, both by Philosophy:

Amazing Grace, which is a subtle, clean scent. Pretty but not overwhelming

Unconditional Love, which I have a sample of and LOVE LOVE LOVE - it's again subtle, but has a sweeter scent to it, almost like warm sugar.

• susanjf_gw
    14 years ago

once in a while, i remember to use my emeraude...very old-fashion but doesn't make my nose go nutz...

• barb_from_pa
    14 years ago

Currently I like Avon Haiku

• bostonpat_gw
    14 years ago

Bellodgia by Caron, I've been wearing it for a long time.

• grinch_gut
    14 years ago

My all time fav. is Jessica McClintock and I love Ed Hardy...I just use Sydneys of that though LOL...Stacy

• Lindsey_CA
    14 years ago

L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain.

• patti43
    14 years ago

Seldom wear it but when I do, I like one squirt of Ellen Tracy. I like White Linen by Estee Lauder, too, but I'm out of it.

• jude31
    14 years ago

Fleurs d'Orlane - I've worn it for years.

• msmarion
    14 years ago

I've been wearing Lolita Lempika for 6 or 7 years and love it. It has hints of vanilla. I love the lavender glass apple bottle.

• helencolby
    14 years ago

For summer I use Jean Nate' body splash and for winter, I use Truth by Calvin Klein. There is a sprinkling of Bath and Body Works scents mingled in here and there when the spirit moves me. But those first two are my signature scents.

Helen

• frostedc
    14 years ago

I use Cashmere Mist, by Donna Karan, for special occasions, but for everday use, I use Body and Bath, Japanese Cherry Blossums, body wash, and body spray.

• pplantlady
    14 years ago

This past year when we moved our parents into assisted living and emptied their house I ended up with a lot of my Mom's perfumes. (She's in hospice now and doesn't wear them anymore :( )

My favorite right now is one of hers.... Sarah Jessica Parker's "Lovely". It's clean smelling and not heavy.....I get lots of compliments on it.
    Patti

• rthummer
    14 years ago

There are two colognes that I wear and get compliments on my perfume. I have worn both perfume and cologne in these.

1. White Shoulders, Oldie but oooohh so goodie! Love this scent.

2. Mesmerize by Avon. Although I do not normally like Avon, this one was a gift years ago, and when I wore it everyone complimented me on it

I have heard that different scents go with your body chemistry and these two seem to be good for mine, so as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it, so I will stay with these as long as they are manufactured and sold.(;-)

• matti5
    14 years ago

My current favorite is Tresor by Lancome, it's very clean and light. I don't like using any perfume or cologne as I find it to be too heavy, so I only use body lotions.

Some people really overdo it with perfume/cologne. My MIL would always wear Giorgio which is fairly strong, she must have dipped her whole body it in because you could smell her 5 minutes before she actually arrived and my house would smell of Giorgio for days. She loved the stuff so much that at her funeral I made sure she was wearing it.

• Linda Wayman
    14 years ago

Cashmere Mist, by Donna Karan. For years I wore White Diamonds, but a couple of years ago I wanted a change and the CM is what I liked best.

Linda

• kgal_2008
    14 years ago

Romance by Ralph Lauren- Have both the perfume and cologne. I don't use the perfume in the summer only the cologne and then very lightly. Am thinking of getting Amazing Grace by Philosophy. Sounds so fresh and clean for summer.

• amicus
    14 years ago

Like some of the other posters, I also love Cashmere Mist, Lovely and Lolita Lempicka. However, while the other two have staying power, I can barely smell Cashmere Mist a few hours after I've put it on. Do any of you also have that experience with it?

• Jodi_SoCal
    14 years ago

I have fragrances for different moods and occasions.

If I'm going somewhere all dressed up or somewhere with my daughter, I wear Tuscany Per Donna. To my DD, Tuscany *is* her mom.

If I'm going to see someone that I knew many years ago, I wear Ciara, because that's what I probably wore when I met them.

If I'm going to be around older relatives, I wear Chanel No.5 because that's what my mother wore.

Everyday casual, I wear Imari by Avon.

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    14 years ago

Seldom wear any.

Sue

• czech_chick
    14 years ago

Angel Lily by Thierry Mugler

Just love it!

• Rudebekia
    14 years ago

Aliage, by Estee Lauder. Still love this light and fresh scent twenty years after discovering it! I wear it every day.

• trinitytx
    14 years ago

toujours moi.
    My mother used to wear it when she was alive, and when I went and saw my sister, unknowingly I had put it on...she broke into tears because she said I smelled just like our mother. I had no idea of the memory of a perfume. But I do know that certain smells do have a big impact on my life.

Trin

• LorifromUtah
    14 years ago

Susan!
    I remember Emerude!
    I wore it years and years ago.

Before my sinus' went on scent strike, I wore a very light misting of Tabu or AnaisAnais. If I am very very careful I still wear AnaisAnais but not often. My sinus' have become very very senstive. Even scented body lotions can make me ill.

Lori

• cardamom
    14 years ago

Still wear Raffinee.

Trin...smells are such powerful memories...Jergens hand lotion...just brings back my grandmother...love it.

• lynn_d
    14 years ago

I'm careful about what I wear, allergies! But I love Jean Nate for summer, Pleasures by Estee for dressy summer. And in winter it is Chanel No 5, Rue 24, or White Shoulders. I have to keep them very light, heavy perfumes knock me for a loop.

• pump_toad
    14 years ago

Another fan of Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan. It is a lovely scent.
    Lois

• litereader
    14 years ago

I've worn Aliage by Estee Lauder for years -- lately I've had trouble finding it. Now I'm looking for a new scent. Think I'll try some of those mentioned here.

• wildchild
    14 years ago

I don't wear scent often.

Back in the day I wore Stradivarius or Woodhue or sometimes Ambush as a casual fragrance.

When they were discontinued I went to Chantilly. I still get compliments when I wear it even though the new formula isn't as nice as the old one.

Avon's Timeless used to smell great on me until I had kids. Then my body chemistry changed and it stunk.

• grinch_gut
    14 years ago

I love Lauren by Ralph Lauren but no one ever can smell it on me so gave mine away weird how that and as wildchild says your body chemisty changes and what used to smell grreat doesn't....Stacy

• veta
    14 years ago

I love White Shoulders, Sung by Alfred Sung, Beautiful by Estee Lauder, and have all of those. I, too, seldom wear them. Mine are all colognes. Wildchild, I had wondered if anyone ever heard of Woodhue. That was one of the fragrances by Faberge', wasn't it? I used to like that, too! Does anyone here remember the dime store scents, such as Evening in Paris and Blue Waltz? I am really dating myself, but when I was a little girl, I thought those were the most heavenly scents in the world! Never had any money to buy them, though.
    Veta

• wildchild
    14 years ago

Veta, Woodhue was part of the Faberge line at the time. The other two I remember were Tigress and Aphrodesia. Woodhue smelled great on me. The others didn't.

Yes I remember the others you mentioned. I loved the little blue bottles Evening in Paris came in but I never cared for the scent.

Does anyone remember the first fragrance that was supposed to smell different on everyone? It was called Cachet and on me it stunk like I'd drowned myself in Aqua Velva aftershave. LOL

• shea
    14 years ago

I have so many that I like. Most frequently, I wear Ysatis or Chanel #5. Sometimes I'll wear Opium or Estee Lauder's Knowing. I will have to check out Cashmere Mist!

• jaybird
    14 years ago

summer EL "Beautiful"
    winter Chanel #5
    I love Bath and Body Lemongrass/Sage, but can't find it any longer :^(

• JoanMN
    14 years ago

Jovan Musk. I've used it since about 1982, I don't feel like me without it on.
    JoanMN

• pauline13
    14 years ago

I wore Chanel No. 5 for years and always got compliments. Then my body chemistry must have changed because the compliments stopped coming. I bounced around trying different scents for a number of years until I found Touch by Fred Hayman. I've been wearing this for about 15 years and the compliments are still coming. It's hard to find though. I usually have to order it.

• ann_in_florida
    14 years ago

Rapture from Victoria's Secret

• jannie
    14 years ago

I don't wear cologne, but I use any scented body wash. Right now I have a bottle of "White Musk FAntasy", it was cheap at Rite Aid.

• Jodi_SoCal
    14 years ago

Jaybird, you can find B&Bw Lemongrass Sage on eBay.

Jodi-

• nycefarm_gw
    14 years ago

Chanel #5 but it has to be the cologne not the perfume, which of course they no longer make. Dad gave it to Mom every year, but she seldom used an entire bottle in a year, so I still have a couple bottles still wrapped in Christmas paper. Don't wear it a lot anymore, but always think of Mom when I do. She has been gone for almost 10 years.
    Mostly I wear a miniscule amount of patchouli, which does not attract critters the way perfumes do.

• kayjones
    14 years ago

Deep Woods bug spray and 90% Deet spray - I can't wear cologne, perfume, body lotions or sprays of any other kind - I have a huge yard, which I spend LOTS of time in - I STILL get eaten up by mosquitos, chiggers, noseeums and horse flies, even with my favorite 90% Deet - LOL - I would hate to even think what would happen if I wore scents of ANY kind!

When I DID wear fragrance, I wore Estee, Red Door, Obsession, Channel #5 or other 'too-expensive' perfumes.

• orie
    14 years ago

I love Red Door and also Clinique (the original- not the new ones like Happy, etc.). I have also always love the smell of the cheapie Jovan Musk Oil.

• orie
    14 years ago

Oh! And LOVE men's Halston 14. Takes me back to my early 20's and an x-boyfriend. If I walk by the men's counter, I will usually stop and take a good, deep whiff! My little secret!

• caflowerluver
    14 years ago

I just remembered back in the 80's I use to wear Estee Lauder's Youth Dew, Giorgio, Opium and Obsession. Later I switched to Magie Noire, Casesars Woman and Cinnabar. I think the reason I stopped wearing perfumes because I burned out my sinuses with such heavy fragances. LOL

I hated Poison because my MIL bathed in it. The guest room would reek for weeks afterwards. Maybe that is another reason I started hating strong perfumes. I wonder?

I loved Estee Lauder's White Linen but it stunk on me. I haven't bought or wore a new fragrance in over 8 or 9 years.

Clare

• rthummer
    14 years ago

I meant to tell anyone who wears or likes Memerize by Avon, although they have discountinued it for women, you can still find it on ebay. I have not checked out amazon.com, though.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!