SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threedgrad

What's are some of your favorite smells?

threedgrad
14 years ago

I just went outside to refill the bird feeder. A neighbor close by is barbequeing. It sure smells bbq ribs. Mmmmmmmm, bbq ribs, one of my favorite smells.

What are some of your favorite smells? Candle smells preferred?

Comments (68)

• bellaflora
    14 years ago

I love:

suntan lotion
    smell of the ocean
    fresh coffee

hate:

gasoline
    cooked egg
    clothes that sit in the washer for couple days LOL :-D

• neetsiepie
    14 years ago

loves:
    Garlic and onions sauteeing in olive oil.
    My DH's scent
    Sun tan lotion thats been baking in the sun
    Vinegar
    jasmine & lilacs
    Patchuli and bergamot

hates:
    gasoline
    hot tar
    'new car' smell
    vanilla air fresheners
    tomato bushes
    smell of fresh cut grass
    tea leaves (herbal teas are ok)

• Related Discussions

What's your favorite smelling rose?

Q

Comments (21)
    Gertrude Jekyll has that heavenly old rose fragrance from Baronne Prevost. It's not a great bloomer and gets BS. I moved it and it is doing better in part shade than it did in full sun, go figure. BP is also a little disease prone and spindly, but I might try pruning it down a little more this year. I've sniffed Sharifa Asma in a pot at Home Depot and couldn't smell much but maybe it does better in the ground. Clothilde Soupert and Frances Dubreuil has been my best fragrances so far in OGR's. I have a bunch of Teas and Noisettes that should bloom this year so hopefully some of them will be nice.
    ...See More

What's your favorite smelling flower?

Q

Comments (2)
    Considering native Hawaiian flowers - I love the smell of hinahina ku kahakai (Heliotropium anomalum), and na'u (Gardenia brighamii). Both of these species are native to Hawai'i. There are many gardenia with similar fragrancesbut Na'u can only be found in Hawai'i, which to me enhances its fragrance. Gardenias all have that simple creamy-white-flower smell, but there is something about them that seperates them from flowers that have similar fragrances (e.g. puakenikeni, arabian jasmin). Hinahina ku kahakai has a very faint but unique scent somewhat reminiscent to Osmanthus fragrans. If I counted non-natives, among my favorites would be; Osmanthus fragrans and roses. Roses have that classic fragrance that no other flower (that I know of) can get close to. To me Osmanthus fragrans (I have heard of it being called "kwai fa") has to be one of the most amazing smelling things on Earth.
    ...See More

What are some of your favorite laundry combinations?

Q

Comments (4)
    Used to be Tide Original Scent powder and Original Scent (long gone) April Fresh Downy. Up & Up Spring Bloom softener is the closest thing to April Fresh Downy now, currently on the market. I love the combo of Persil Power/Pro Caps with Up & Up Spring Bloom. Dreft liquid with Spring Bloom smells amazing. German Ariel liquid with Downy Sun Blossom smells fresh and super clean! Tide with a touch of AF Downy detergent with Spring Bloom is a great combo!
    ...See More

What are some of your favorite comfort foods

Q

Comments (50)
    Crockpot lasagna (from shiffysmom): 1 lb ground beef 26-28 oz spaghetti sauce 8 oz tomato sauce 9 oz lasagna noodles (8) 1 lb jar alfredo sauce 12 oz shredded mozzarella 1/4 cup parmesan cheese Brown hamburger in skillet and drain. Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Spread 3/4 cup of spaghetti sauce in crockpot. Stir remaining spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce into hamburger mixture. Layer 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce, breaking them if necessary to fit. Top with 1/3 of the alfredo sauce, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella. Top with 1/3 of the hamburger mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layering twice, using 2 noodles in the last layer. Sprinkle parmesan on top. Cook on low 3 and a half hours to 4 and a half hours. Cut into wedges (8 servings). You do not have to pre-boil the noodles -- there's enough liquid to cook them through. (Yes, the jarred alfredo sauce has way too much salt in it, as well as calories, but this dish isn't something to have often!)
    ...See More
  • natesgramma
    14 years ago

English Leather
    baby clothes right out of the dryer
    horse poop
    popcorn
    my father's old jackets
    campfire
    old books

• ladyamity
    14 years ago

The scent of Downy liquid fabric softener.
    If I could, I'd rinse every single thing in my home in the stuff.
    Instead, After several years of searching I finally found candle tarts (for my electric candle warmers)that come as close as I've ever smelled to the Downy fabric softener. The candle tart scent is called Clean Linen and found them on Ebay.
    Must be something in my childhood? The scent of Downy leaves me feeling calm.
    I turn on the electric tart warmers first thing in the morning when I walk from bedroom to kitchen to get my first cuppa.
    By the time I head to the kitchen for my second cuppa, the house is filled with the clean scent of freshly dried clothes and I didn't have to do laundry to get it that way! LOL

Another Crayola Crayons sniffer here. :)
    Not any crayon, but has to be Crayola.
    I'm a Crayola Sniffin' Snob, I am.

Freshly sharpened pencils and especially after they've been put in a metal container (Pencil Holders used to be tin cans with the labels removed).

Great Topic for a thread ThreeDGrad....thank you!

• ladyamity
    14 years ago

Baby Magic Lotion!
    I'm a baby lotion snob too, because the others just don't give me that fuzzy and cuddly feeling like Baby Magic does.
    Two of my adult children still use it so me using it on them must have made an impression of some sort. :)

And speaking of having the attention span of a gnat (me!) it might be due to the fumes from the TowMote (TowMotor).
    Way back when, the warehouse forklifts of years ago ran on something, don't know what,but the fumes were addicting...at least to me. :)
    Every single time a forklift driver came into my area, I had to hold myself back from following the forklift out the dock doors. The fumes those forklifts emitted....I loved that smell!

• loribee
    14 years ago

Lilacs and anything vanilla.
    Thanks for mentioning White Shoulders too- my MIL always wore that. :)

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Thanks for this topic. I love stuff like this. Makes
    me smile just thinking about the smells I love.

Love, Love Love:

Lilacs,
    babies
    Morning coffee
    Christmas trees
    Sandlewood
    Virginia Cheery Blossoms
    Brazillian soap or French milled soap
    Fresh cut grass
    White chocolate
    Blue Rock Cabernet Sauvignon 2005
    Fresh Basil
    Snowy day
    Mint Tea
    Ocean Air
    my own peonies
    Crayola crayons and yes sometimes Playdough
    Cinnamon buns
    Cucumber sandwiches

Dislikes (Yuck, gross and get away)

Halitosis
    Smog pollution
    Burning Auto and tires (car accident smells)
    Skunk
    Rotten fish
    Nail polish remover
    Strong in your face perfumes
    Airline air
    Body order
    Moldy Sippy cup stuck under seat of car for months....Gross

• zipdee
    14 years ago

Let's see.

The fresh air smell after it rains.
    Anything fresh baked or baking, bread, cookies, etc
    Fresh coffee
    Fresh herbs
    Rich soil

• Oakley
    14 years ago

What a fascinating topic!

Love:

Smelling my cats after they bathe. It's such a fresh smell.
    A baby's breath
    The flower Lavender, not Lavender in anything else.
    Roses
    Gas
    Cigars
    Old Spice colognes & after shave.
    Cinnamon & Clove spray by Bath and Body Works
    Yankee Candle Original Gardenia which they don't offer anymore. :(

Hate:

Anything my dh cooks. I always light a candle. lol.
    Lavender in anything but the real flower.
    Cooked liver
    Vinegar

• parma42
    14 years ago

Coconut.

I could-and do-have it everywhere.

Weird, because I don't even like the beach.

• enailes
    14 years ago

Walking into an old house or business, aged leather,
    Chloe perfume, burning wood and rosemary

• roobear
    14 years ago

It's fun just to experience the scent memory from reading through all the posts.

Love:
    Campfires, Burning leaves in the fall, Cloves and Oranges, Clean Laundry, Lilacs, Lavender, Spring Rain, Hot dogs on the charcoal grill in the summer, Baby powder.

Hate:
    Melons, Vanilla, Wet dog, fish, raw chicken, heavy musky perfums, new carpet.

As far as candle scents I love most of the EarthyGlow Soy Lotion Candles- plus when you burn them you can use the melted wax as skin lotion which is neat.

• Ideefixe
    14 years ago

While I wouldn't buy a candle with this scent, one whiff of barnyard (combination of manure, hay, and horse) does take me back to childhood. It's such a strong association. Add some Lucky Strikes and leather, and I can see my Dad, plain as day.

Otherwise, bacon frying (and I do have that candle), bread baking, and heliotrope.

• folkvictorian
    14 years ago

Ohhhh, favorite smells:

-- Just-awakened, warm snugly baby, pee diaper and all!
    -- Laundry just off the line.
    -- From a distance, a brief scent of just-lit cigarette when combined with the scent of the burnt match (but NOT second-hand smoke in quantity)
    -- Grandma's roast dinner, ready to be served.
    -- A freshly-painted room; the super-clean scent combined with the feeling of happy potential since you know how good it'll look when you've moved the furniture back in!
    -- Tomato plants first thing in the spring when it's still 45 degrees outside but you KNOW spring is coming.
    -- freshly cut or sanded wood, especially pine.

• teacats
    14 years ago

Let's see:

-freshly cleaned rooms
    -morning sunshine, freshly brewed tea and toast with marmalade
    -11 a.m. coffee and a fresh baked muffin
    -homemade soup -- especially Scots Broth (lamb, pearl barley and lots of veggies)
    -fresh bread - slightly steamy with a real butter and homemade jam standing by
    -shortbread and sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies
    -pinot grigio -- smells like crisp green apples, pears and green spring grass
    -chardonnay -- smells like butter and golden Delicious apples
    -rosemary fresh from my front doorstep waiting in a glass to be used
    -sage for chicken or turkey
    -parsley -- peppery fresh for chicken soup
    -dill sprinkled on steamy mashed potatoes
    -cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves -- in candles, cooking, and potpourri (I'm burning Yankee Candle's "clovebud and citrus" right now)
    -lemons, oranges, limes -- in everything and anything! cleaners, candles, food, wine and drink -- so fresh you can smell the color
    -strawberries, raspberries -- warm and wonderful or cold and refreshing
    -mint -- crushed into cooking or baking or covered in a cold, crisp coat of dark chocolate
    -malt vinegar sprinkled on crispy, crunchy fish & chips
    -tomatoes -- fresh as warm summer sunshine -- sprinkled with basil and olive oil
    -tomatoes -- cooking in a long, slow sauce -- loving and sexy
    -fresh vegetables home from the farmer's market
    -fresh paint -- because of the exciting possibilities of decorating
    -old fragrant roses -- like the pink one in my front garden -- can't think of the name -- but when she blossoms -- you can it through the whole house
    -jasmine -- by my front door -- so scented that people walking by the house, stop and sniff the air
    -men's cologne -- not strong but so suited to the man that you lean in as he speaks to you
    -pipe tobacco -- not a popular one I know -- but the one that my DH smokes has had many favourable comments (and he is a most considerate smoker -- and yes! he plans to quit!)
    -whiskey -- peat smoke and Scotland (and I don't even drink this!)
    -wood burning fire (and I do miss the smell of burning leaves in the fall ......)
    -barbecue
    -new books
    -old books
    -old bookstores
    -leather
    -ocean beaches -- wet sand and salt
    -the ocean itself and those incredible life-restoring breezes that let you take in a true, deep breath
    -any food eaten outdoors -- on a beach; on a picnic in the woods or meadows; by a mountain or desert -- even a vanilla soft ice cream cone eaten standing outside the car on a hot summer night
    -perfume that starts on top notes of flowers -- and then goes "down" later into soft deep notes of spices

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

• bumble_doodle
    14 years ago

Love:
    -The ocean
    -Pipe tobacco
    -Asiatic Lilies
    -Wood smoke
    -Barbeque
    -Fresh air from the first time the windows are opened each spring.
    -Suntan lotion
    -Snow

• patricianat
    14 years ago

Teacats/Jan: Chardonnay. Does it smell? You take the time to smell it? ;-) On my way to see if I have a little Kendall Jackson left? LOLOL

• pbrisjar
    14 years ago

Oh, there's just so many...

My absolute favorite scent is lavender. At one time all of my personal care products were lavender (shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, toner, makeup remover, toothpaste, etc.).
    Sage
    Amber
    A fresh breeze coming in from the ocean.
    Bay trees
    yeast (rising dough, baking bread)
    cinnamon
    my puppies
    freshly brewing coffee
    rose
    lilac
    garlic and onions sauteeing in olive oil

• groomingal
    14 years ago

Great Thread!

The not so common that I love :

Puppy and Kitten breath
    leather purse with doublemint gum in it
    Dishwasher as it is washing
    Sweet feed
    Children's Paste
    Sawmills or lumber yards

Smells that I hate:

Bath and Body works Country Apple
    Ceiling Tile- when it is new and fresh smelling
    Rug Stores/Aisles/Samples

• teacats
    14 years ago

Patricia: LOL! True -- but I do take time to take a deep whiff of the wine first!

Oooooo --- yesssss -- garlic ------ yummmmmmmm......

When I visited Seattle -- and we stayed not far from Pike Place Market -- we could smell coffee beans roasting in the very early hours of the morning -- and THEN the smell of cooking garlic would join in about 10 a.m. --- lovely! :)

Jan

• stu2900
    14 years ago

Lilacs
    Babies
    Fresh opened can of coffee (I don't even drink it)
    Rain
    Christmas cookies
    Lavendar
    Pipe tobacco
    Fresh snow
    Newly harvested corn
    The inside of my mom's purse when I was little. It was a combination of perfumed lipstick and chewing gum. I used to open it just for the smell!

• pbrisjar
    14 years ago

"The inside of my mom's purse when I was little. It was a combination of perfumed lipstick and chewing gum. I used to open it just for the smell!"

Me too! Now that definitely brings back memories.

• bronwynsmom
    14 years ago

I love...
    --the air after a whacking good thunderstorm
    --a magnolia bud half-open in my front hall
    --the lingering aftermath of Murphy's Oil Soap and furniture polish
    --lemon zest
    --Chanel #5
    --Old Spice on warm skin
    --Maker's Mark
    --just-steamed blue crabs
    --snow-wet wool mittens on the radiator
    --sea water

I dislike:
    --exhaust
    --scented candles
    --perfume, unless your nose is an inch away
    --ammonia
    --dog breath
    --mildew
    --fishy fish
    --feet

• patricianat
    14 years ago

My mother smoked (oh it was so fashionable back then) and she had a beautiful silver monogrammed cigarette case. She always carried Doublemint gum in a leather purse and when I opened it, it was the smell of tobacco, Chanel #5, doublemint and leather and I loved it. I also loved the smell of the rugs my father brought back from the Middle East on freshly done hardwood floors with open windows and Priscilla cotton organdy curtains fluttering in the light breeze.

• User
    14 years ago

This may sound odd (but hopefully not creepy-odd) -- Of course we each have our own particular aroma, and I find it fascinating how we are attracted (and sometimes repelled) by someone else's scent. My ex-husband's scent was never really attractive to me; in fact, it's one of the things that I chose to "overlook" when he and I first began dating. The chemistry just didn't do anything for me. Didn't excite me -- in fact, there was always something about it that was just ever-so-slightly off to my nose. Consequently, I don't think that our uh, "private life" was all that it could have been.

My DH now has a scent that captivated me from the beginning. The very first time I drew near to him, I was hooked on his scent. It's a scent that I know from somewhere waaaaaay back in time, and I've tried to pinpoint where I know it from, but can't quite put my finger on it. I do, however, reflect upon my grandparents' house sometimes when I think of his scent. Not in a sexual way, but in a warm, embracing, welcoming sort of way. When I inhale my DH's aroma, a part of me feels just like I've "come home." :-)

• tfm1134
    14 years ago

cinnamon (my very fav)
    fresh brewed coffee
    anything cooking on the grill
    gardenia
    honeysuckle
    suntan oil that smells like coconut
    walking into a Dunkin Donuts

• zeebee
    14 years ago

Tobacco, as long as it's not burning
    Bread baking
    Hot dogs at the ballpark
    Sweet spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice
    Hot popcorn
    The crisp dry smell of fresh snowfall
    Ivory Soap

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

AuntJen, I agree with ya.....I do think there is something about the way a person smells.....if you are close to someone & not into their smell it just doesn't work!!

My gardenias & magnolias are in bloom - yum
    Channel #5 - classic
    coffee
    puppy breath & ears
    freshly bathed baby in good old Johnsons & Johnsons
    any bread baking will do it for me...especially if it has yeast
    cigars
    I love to kiss my DH after he has been drinking his scotch b/c of the smell
    Egoiste by Chanel - I think I would be attracted to any man wearing this scent

Smiles:)

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

Sharpie markers
    Smiles:)

• kelpmermaid
    14 years ago

The ocean, naturally (LOL!)
    vanilla
    cinnamon
    baking bread
    lilacs
    lavender
    jasmine
    lemon
    sage (I mean the CA native salvia clevelandii)
    orange blossoms
    mimosa blossoms
    Coppertone sunscreen products (the smell of summer)
    line-dried laundry

There is one smell that has been bothering me for a while. I bought some Fab detergent on sale - it was supposedly a "Rain Forest" scent, which I imagined to be fruity or something. In reality, I think it smells a little earthy, like leaf compost (humus?) on the rain forest floor. Not exactly a clean smell for laundry. I will use it up, though, and never buy it again, but it seems like an endless bottle. There is also a Mexican brand of detergent available locally that I don't like, but the name escapes me right now. It's too intense; less is more to me for detergent smells.

• kellyeng
    14 years ago

puppy breath
    fresh cut grass
    bacon
    dove soap
    compost
    marijuana
    grilled chicken
    cedar
    fig
    paperwhites
    cantaloupe
    very light scent of cologne and beer when nuzzling a man's neck . . .

• Oakley
    14 years ago

You all just made me go spray some #5 on! I love doing this sometimes. I'm in my tee shirt and shorts, not going anywhere, and putting on perfume perks me up.

Patricia, are you from Virginia?

• pbrisjar
    14 years ago

I know what you mean about person scents. The first time I snuggled into Hubby's arms I was hooked.

Of course, it helps that he's such a fabulous guy. I just wish I could convince him that Downy is EVIL.

• sombreuil_mongrel
    14 years ago

Barnyard; tangerine; a touch of lavender; mock orange; heliotrope; damask rose; hay fields; multiflora rose+honeysuckle together in the hedgerows; Magnolia grandiflora blossoms; lily of the valley; christmas cookies.
    Not so much: eucalyptus; oak mulch; beauty-parlor odors like ammonia and nail glue (instantaneous asthma attack); chaps or stetson cologne; Ligistrum; Bradford pear; dill.
    Casey

• patricianat
    14 years ago

I thought all the first 10 presidential families were from virginia. ;-)

• 2ajsmama
    14 years ago

Like (in no particular order)

Chanel #5 (only scent I wear, and it's not often)
    Baby powder
    Baby shampoo
    Old roses (but not anything "rose-scented")
    Lilacs
    DH's aftershave (I'd have to look to see the name)
    Homemade chicken soup on the stove
    Roast beef in the oven
    Christmas cookies (nutmeg, cloves, allspice, cinnamon, molasses all together!)
    Fresh-baked bread
    Lemons
    ripe nectarines
    Burning apple wood or apple-scented pipe tobacco my dad used
    Fields after a thunderstorm (but before cutting!)
    Glade Glass Scents Clean Linen
    Occasional skunk (and I thought I was the only one!)
    Warm horse skin
    Warm-from-the-sun ripe tomato
    Night ocean air

Dislikes
    Perfume on anybody else (if I can smell it, it's too strong! I've actually gotten nosebleeds)
    Any petroleum product
    Morning (aka "dragon") breath
    Morning soaky diaper
    day-old washcloth (I can smell mildew across the room!)
    Liver and onions
    Any kind of dung
    Honeysuckle (too strong)
    Lilies
    Magnolia (I'm allergic to the pollen)
    Hay (makes me think of all the heavy lifting I've got coming - and the scratches and the itchiness after)
    Low tide (esp. in Venice!)
    Nail salons (acetone?)
    Air freshener sprays
    Scented detergent
    Fabric softeners
    Wet dog
    Wet African Gray
    The rotten (cracked) egg some critter left outside my basement door this weekend!

• 2ajsmama
    14 years ago

Jan - where are you from? I thought vinegar on fish and chips was a RI thing. I learned it there, people put it on the chips, but I like it on the fish instead. I've never met anyone else who put it on the fish.

I forgot I like the smell of coffee better than the taste - and that's saying a lot since I'll drink half a pot myself (down from a whole pot when I was in college)!

• teacats
    14 years ago

ajsmama: Canuck by birth -- now U.S. citizen. Plus I went to school in England. Have always "searched out" good fish & chips in all sorts of villages, towns and cities! LOL!

I adore malt vinegar on both the fish & the chips .....

Jan (fish & chip fan)

• happytobehome
    14 years ago

Okay, I haven't seen this one yet .....

Doggie paws!

DH thinks I'm crazy when I say "Fiona's paws are stinky, but it's a good stink". I always have a sniff when I'm giving her a cuddle.

Just so you don't think I'm totally nuts, I also like:

fresh cut grass
    wood fire
    sheets fresh from the clothesline
    DH's neck
    magnolia blossoms
    boxwood

Oh yeah, add me to the gasoline sniffers too.

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

doggie paws smell like Frito chips, I think; puppy breath is another smell that is unique. I also love the smell of unused diapers. A freshly painted room also reminds me of new beginnings.

smells and memories, I find it fascinating how we make associations with those. I like dessert smells, caramel, creme brulee, chocolate, pink grapefruit, lemon,
    I have a roll on cream perfume that smells slightly of pink cotton candy, I keep bringing my arm to my nose to smell it again and agin.

• gracie01 zone5 SW of Chicago
    14 years ago

Lily of the Valley in bloom (#1 FAVORITE)
    Lilacs
    Marigolds & Geraniums
    Laundry on the line
    Fresh cut grass (yay, summer's finally here!)
    Turkey in the oven
    Vanilla extract
    Crayons
    New textbooks
    Burning leaves

Dislikes:
    Diaper cream
    Spaghettios
    (this comes from having raised 3 children)

• jaybird
    14 years ago

Chanel #5
    English Leather on DH
    magnolias
    orange blossoms
    chrysanthemums
    any herb including bay
    lavendar
    fresh cut grass
    stew or roast in the crockpot
    spaghetti sauce in the crockpot

• uncorked
    14 years ago

Freshly cut SPRING grass - it's intoxicating, bergamot, lavender, the ocean (also diesel fumes from boats), empty camping cabins on a hot summer day (sort of a combination of dry wood and kerosene I think), good pinot noir, my kids' heads when they were babies, lilac, old variety roses, wild roses, wet clay, fresh paint, cantaloupe, old musty wine cellars, the way my mother's breath smelled.

• sameboat
    14 years ago

Suntan lotion in the winter (yes, in the winter!) is an instant pick-me-up.

And a clean baby.

• furletcity
    14 years ago

The smell of my children, husband or pets, right at their temple, or cheek.It just captures "them".I have a lot of other mmmmm smells, but the first just gets me.

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

parma, you would love Laura Mercier's almond and coconut product line, I have the hand creme ; I also love Partylite's coconut cove tealights and votives.
    I too adore a coconut scent although I don't eat it.

A young child coming in from playing outside in the summer, their hair smells of fresh dirt and sun , a "good" stink, like someone said about sniffing dog paws.

I always have to smell products before I decide if I want to use them, even the most miraculous face cream has to have a smell appealing to me.
    I love spa smells, eucalyptus always seems to be in the background; Aveda has a candle called Pure and it captures the spa smell.

• haley_comet
    14 years ago

My Children
    My Mom (her smell reminds me of all things good)
    Coconut
    Coffee

• huggybear_2008
    14 years ago

I work for a car dealership but I never get enough of the new car smell.. love it.. we use to sell Rolls Royces and when you would get into one of those cars.. Oh my gosh..just the smell of the leather was awesome.. now it is a Ford Truck with leather.. oh oh what a wonderful smell ... I love the smell of fresh rain on a spring night, fresh washed hair, baby right after a bath in Johnson baby soap, lavendar,roses, the first big snow of the season. buy not skunks.. pew.......

• petchie
    14 years ago

2 I have not seen that I love are:

Play Doh

and Right Guard (aerosal, the old scent)

My very first love wore right guard. I can smell it when I think of him.

• hoosiergirl
    14 years ago

My favorite smell ever was my babies. I felt addicted to their scent and sniffed their heads all the time!

I have to buy a star jasmine every year since I love to get a whiff of it when a breeze floats by. (And I can't ever seem to get one to make it through the winter!)

Whenever I'm in the garden I have to touch the basil and tomato leaves just to get a little smell of them.

And I remember the smell of my mom's and my grandma's nightgowns that had been in one of their drawers for a long time. I loved it when they would let me wear one that had that smell!