SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Father has pneumonia

Lars
11 years ago

Kevin called me this morning to tell me that our father is now in the hospital with pneumonia, but it is bacterial instead of viral, and so I think they can cure that. Still, my first thought was that he might not last much longer, and I became so sad that I was unable to work. I think I will take a long lunch and perhaps try to contact my sister-in-law, who should have the most current information. She is the one who called Kevin, and she called him because she knows that he keeps his cell phone turned on.

I have very mixed feelings about DF, as do many people. He is a very difficult person and can be very mean, and he wants everything possible done to keep him alive, despite the circumstances. Our brother Mike has POA and can make decisions for DF, since DF has dementia and cannot make rational decisions on his own.

I have a feeling that DF will recover, but there is still the nagging thought that his condition could worsen, and I feel terrible about that. He had just seemed to adjust to his new living situation, and our sister Karen said that where he is living is very nice, but I guess it is far from disease free. I feel that he must have caught the pneumonia because of where he is, and that sets off even more confusing emotions for me. I feel very bad that I cannot go to see him, and I know that he likes having visitors. At least at the home he is not alone, however, and I think that it helpful for him.

Lars

Comments (31)