SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secondo

36 inch gas (LP) cooktop - Wolf, Bluestar, or Miele?

secondo
12 years ago

I've seen a lot of posts comparing companies, but most are for ranges or rangetops and not as many about cooktops. It seems to me from what I have found that the three best choices are Wolf, Miele, and Bluestar. We are probably going to pick one this week. I'm nervous about Blue Star since I haven't heard as much about it and there are a few posts out there about customer service issues, but most seem to rave about it. The other two seem safe and very good. I've used the Miele at my inlaws and they adore it and I think they seem to have very good reliability.

I guess my hunch is that Miele is the safest choice and very good, Blue star is the potentially most exciting, but the biggest risk since I can't even find a cooktop locally (we have a dealer who could order one, but they only have the range in stock).

Any suggestions of which way to go are most welcome. By the way I am interested in any other option, too, but Viking and Thermador are not of interest to me as I'm replacing a broken Viking that is not very old that came with our house and I have a number of friends who complain about repairs and their Thermadors.

I'd consider Capital, but they don't seem to have a local vendor and I'm nervous about service if people here are not used to fixing them.

Finally any data on reliability of high end appliances would be most welcome. I can't seem to find any hard data on this.

Thanks!

Comments (22)