SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
niteshadepromises_gw

Summerfield and Others, have a look at this floor plan please!

niteshadepromises
11 years ago

First of all let me state that, I'm mostly happy with the basics on this plan currently. I'm mostly interested in any small suggestions that would make it better. The footprint of the home is the absolute biggest it can be currently on the main floor. There are a number of easements on the left side of the image, hence the funny jogs in the walls on this side. We're a couple in our 30's with no kids and absolutely none in the future. We've tried to keep all the essentials on the main floor for when we get older. The laundry room is there and rather large for storage of everyday needs. My husbands office is in front of the master. The space as you enter from the garage will be a small mudroom with hooks and a bench. The tandem garage doesn't bother us as we're a one car family and the public transportation/location of the home will make it very easy to continue to be as such.

The odd shape of the lot really limits what you can do here I think. The back of the property looks out onto a wooded area. One desire I have is to have my own little desk space separate from my DH, so I've planned to currently have that right against the back wall, in the open floor plan area looking out onto the deck/woods. The corner fireplace likely won't be staying as such. I have the desire to put an indoor outdoor model such as the lennox montebello see through fireplace on the back wall at a comfortable distance from that corner.

The basement level is a daylight basement. The image shown will change as we need more useable space for a hot tub and i've told the architect to take it out of the right most room which we plan to leave unfinished anyway. The basement includes a guest bedroom and the large room leading out to a patio we intend to use for exercise or maybe a rec room.

So please suggest any little tweaks or design ideas to make the most of the space and rooms I have. Any problems that my hours of staring at this thing havn't caught?

Appreciate the help and hopefully the image is readable for you all.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (26)