SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

New Computer-Nero10-Other programs already installed?

After a bad storm Thursday night, my 8 year old Dell wouldn't power up...nothing...totally dead. I'm now the proud owner (I think anyway) of a new Dell Insperion i570 6690....you guessed it...from my local WM store. I browsed what they had and 'thought' about driving out of town to see what other places might offer, but figured I'd likely just confuse myself, and probably not end up with anything better at a better price. I didn't have a 'geek' friend to guide me or to accompany me.

I got it set up with no problem.

Connected to the internet with no problem.

Got Windows updates.

Removed free McAfee.

Got Microsoft Security Essentials.

Firefox, WOT etc...

Windows 7. Using Firefox.

Ok...so just to make a short story long, I saved a pic to My Pics. When I go to the pic and Right click and OPEN it brings up this Nero user agreement and Welcome to Nero. I see that Nero10 came installed on the computer, and imagine that it is likely just a trial or limited version. I don't want to agree to anything or use something that is just free for a while. What to do?

I went to the Nero Control Center, and it said, "With Nero ControlCenter you can call up information on the serial number, delete a serial number, and add one. If you have an Essentials, Lite or trial version you can upgrade to the full version. Some standalone Nero products can also be upgraded to a version which includes more applications or features.

So...remove it?

Sue

Comments (35)