SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Family dinner with my dad

teresa_nc7
13 years ago

It's been over a year since my dad had to go into assisted living and now he is in the Memory Center for Alzheimer's patients. Although he has good days and not so good days, he still seems to recognize most of us most of the time. Last weekend was his 88th birthday but due to the Labor Day holiday, we could not all celebrate the day.

My mom planned a family lunch for today at her patio home which is just around the corner from the Center. She signed Dad out and wheeled him in his wheelchair down the couple of blocks to the home they shared. Daddy seemed to get in the party spirit and was alert and smiling, even laughing out loud at times. With my sisters, BIL, three grandsons and my parents, we were only missing my niece and other nephew. We had beef tenderloin, corn and black bean salad, 24 hour salad, baked apricot casserole, potato casserole and chocolate cake with ice cream. Daddy ate very well and after lunch his three grandsons and my mom wheeled him back to the Center for his nap. It was a very good day and we hope to do this again in the future, maybe for the holidays.

Teresa

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths