SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ledmond

first-hand experience with zephyr dcbl and act technology?

LE
10 years ago

It says that the installer can set the max cfm for the vent, but I've looked at the manuals, and I'm not sure how easy it is to do (or change.) Our house is all electric, but will be tight. I just like the idea of the super-quiet fan and if I turned it up to a higher setting on rare occasions, we'd just open the window a little (fairly mild climate here, too).

The MUA requirement is new in our county, and both our architect and GC don't think it's being enforced, but I don't want to be the first guinea pig, either. Seems like this might offer some flexibility. Plus I think the Zephyr Europa Venezia would be a good aesthetic fit as well. And I like that it's 24" deep. (This will go over 36" induction and all our grilling happens out side.)

This is the PR product text below, so I take it with a grain of salt:

SAN FRANCISCO, CA --(Marketwire - March 05, 2013) - Zephyr, the leader in kitchen ventilation hood design, innovation and technology, today launched the industry's first Airflow Control Technology (ACT(tm)); an exclusive technology that gives builders and developers the ability to set the maximum motor CFM level, without compromising design. ACT is part of the DCBL Suppression System(tm) technology that offers the quietest, most energy efficient and performance-driven hoods on the market.

There are some national building codes that limit the maximum amount of CFM a ventilation hood can output, due to make-up air regulations that are required for all homes. This forces builders and developers to purchase expensive make-up air kits, which includes additional labor and installation costs, or specify ventilation hoods with lower CFM. Often the range hood a customer wants is not available in a lower CFM or the lower CFM models are much more limited in performance. Zephyr has found a solution to the make-up air kits with its groundbreaking new technology that allows the installer to easily set the maximum blower speed to one of four most commonly specified CFM levels: 290, 440, 590 or 715.

Comments (60)