SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holcombe3

Should we get a lawyer??

holcombe3
9 years ago

Ok, we have 2 separate situations going on with our new construction home where I am at loss as to where to proceed. I will ask about one situation first. When our $6,000 front door was installed, our builder noticed it wasnt lining up right. After inspection, he realized one door was warped and immediately contacted the company we bought the door from. We were told another door was ordered for us. After waiting 3 to 4 months, the door finally came in and when they came down to install it, they had ordered the wrong one! So back it went and the waiting game started all over again. We have been living in the house for about 4 months now and am still waiting on this door to come in before we ask the painter to come back because he was waiting until it was warm outside to paint our columns and we were going to have him do the columns and door and everything at once. So I messaged my builder today asking for any updates and told him I wanted to try to go ahead and get the painter back down before it got cold again. He said that he has found out that the people we ordered the door from (garland wholesale) has went out of business and the people they ordered the door from refuses to give us another door because garland still hasnt paid them for the first one even though we have paid garland for it. So we have paid for the door but garland hasnt paid their bills...So what should we do? I feel like hiring a lawyer will cost us more than what the door did

Comments (24)