SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gazania_gw

HP printer issue

gazania_gw
13 years ago

I have an HP Photosmart C4280. It does not print correctly. Return address labels come out ok on the first row, but by the 3rd row the very top edge of the name appears at the bottom (below the address)of the row above it and it gets worse with each row till by the last couple rows, the name, (like say in row 29) prints almost completely below the address at the bottom of row 28.

I have talked to HP tech support and their their 'fixes'. Nothing helped. They keep having me try different things over and over, but won't admit that the printer can't be fixed. Talked to a 'techy' at Staples yesterday, and he said that I need to download software from the maker of the labels, or whatever I am using for a project. If that is true, why didn't the HP tech support tell me? This morning I tried printing labels from Avery online, but the results were worse than I was getting from working with my Print Shop program.

This HP 4280 printed the same with my Windows XP as it does now with Windows 7. Where do I go from here...is there a fix, or should I buy a new printer?

Comment (1)