SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andreaintx

Large kitchen appliance help please!

andreaintx
12 years ago

DH and I are now in the planning stages of our new house, yipee! We have the plans but before I take everything to the builder, I want to have my kitchen appliances picked out. I'm doing this because a friend of mine is building and she just told the builder that she wanted a double oven but the architect didn't put it in and now she is stuck with a small single wall oven in her custom home. I am a baker and I cook a lot but I'm not a chef so I just need something that will fit my cooking/baking needs. I was looking at a range but the house plans we picked out have a very large island in the kitchen and the dimensions won't accomodate a range so I'm left with a drop in cooktop and double wall ovens. What kitchen appliances do you have and what do you like about them? What are the cons? Do you prefer gas or induction? Is a griddle necessary? What about a steam oven? Is it best to stick with one brand for everything or is it okay to mix and match? I'll be going to Morrison Supply Company in Dallas on Thursday to look at what they have. Thanks for your help!

Comment (1)