SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jans_gw

bi-pass doors or hinged door on new shower stall

JanS
13 years ago

Hi All,

Our bathroom re-model is underway!!! The new shower stall is going to be cultured marble with a shower pan size of 60 x 36, but the overall length is 76 inches so we're going to do a bench in the one end.

I've been planning bi-pass glass shower doors due to the size of the room, which is around 7'x 7'not including the shower area. So, it's not the teeniest of bathrooms, but it's not big by any stretch either.

But the way I understand it is that there will be a fixed glass piece over the bench that has a post where the bi-pass door would meet up to.

I'd prefer no post and also would prefer a more "seemless" look to my glass door. I.e. if I had a door that would swing open then I wouldn't need a "post". And it would work with it being situated over the bench - it would have a "cutout" to go around the side of the bench edge.

But I don't really have enough space for a door that would swing open into a small bathroom. But my understanding is with this kind of configuration I could have that seemless glass look that I think I'll love. Not sure about the leaking aspect.

Is there any way I can do bi-pass glass shower doors AND a fixed piece of glass over the bench WITHOUT a post?

I hope my description makes sense...??

Thanks Much!

--jans

Comments (2)