SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wishiwasinoz

$2k for an interior designer for the building process

wishiwasinoz
11 years ago

This is our first build & our builder gave us the quote of $2k for approx. 20 hours of an interior designer's time for the build process. She will be able to help us with decisions like flooring, paint colors, roof color, window color, door selection, paver color, garage door style, (not things like furniture selection, draperies, etc.). Her expertise is in the building process & not regular interior design.

I know this is not an outrageous price for a designer, but I am feeling like we mostly have a grasp on these things. Our budget is in the $900 - 1 mil range, but I am frugal & also have a pretty good idea for the design process & to me $2k is $2k. I don't want to agree to that willy-nilly (or hilly or billy, per autocorrect!).

I feel like most of these decisions have been made, per my Pinterest boards. I go over these boards on a daily basis & have them whittled down to the precise things we want for the home. We are going for a very timeless, classic look. I have been reading interior design magazines for several years now & stalking Pinterest, THS, & Houzz. All the friends & family who have seen the Pinterest boards think we are off to a great start.

Should I just tell him if I want to utilize her, I would prefer an hourly basis & not the $2k flat fee?

Thanks for your input!

Natalie

Comments (17)