SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsingie

Please share your love for your combi steam oven / oven advice

cjammer
14 years ago

We are getting new appliances, fell in love with the Miele steam oven, but realized it has limitations (no baking, roasting, etc.). I know we would use a combi oven a lot, I have read lots of good reports here about the Gaggneau. It is $7K here in Canada - eeek!

From what I have read here, the combi steam looks like we would use it a lot. And probably really, really love it. I have health/allergy issues, so we never go out to eat, so spending more on our kitchen is ok with us, we use it 3 meals a day, 7 days a week.

We wanted to go with Miele double ovens, and not sure we need (ahem, can afford) a third oven or if that is just over kill. Do those of you who have a combi steam, do you just have one regular size oven or do you have doubles too?

I know we would use the doubles at Christmas/Thanksgiving, but probably not the rest of the year. We *could* keep our current range (Maytag Gemini - love that little oven on top!) and put it in the basement and run a line to it, just for holiday cooking.

I see Viking has a combi oven as well, any one have one of those? I know Sharp has a combi steam/convection microwave which gets good reviews on Amazon, but we are only going to do our kitchen once, and want to get the best quality.

Any thoughts? Advice? Is $7K worth it for your Gaggneau? Would you go with a single Gaggneau oven or Miele? Or double Miele ovens. Space is not really an issue, we are putting cabinets all along a blank wall.

Thanks,

Christie :)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022