SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannonaz

My beloved F&P ovens can't maintain a low temp...

shannonaz
13 years ago

I love my F&P double ovens. I have had them for 5 years and after getting one (known) problem fixed early on they have been trouble free...and AWESOME!! The broiling options/performance have changed my cooking life!! But I have run into a problem...they can't/won't maintain a very low temp. There are options for 80 and 100 degrees for proofing, dehydrating, making yogurt etc. Neither of my ovens can maintain these low temps for any length of time :( If I set the oven even as low as 80 degrees the temp (according to my oven thermometer) climbs up to 130 within two hours. I've tested vigilantly and it does not appear to be a thermostat problem or a problem with my oven thermometer. By that I mean, that if I set it to 80, the temp climbs but the oven "knows" that the temp is at least 100 because when I turn the temp dial to the right, the 100 is green in addition to the 80.

The ovens seem to maintain higher temps beautifully and I have NEVER had any "normal" baking or roasting not turn out perfectly. I haven't tested it too much, because I haven't had any failures...I will start testing at higher temps but it seems foolish to test my oven at high temps while I have to run my A/C all day anyway...I'm rambling. Sigh.

I always like to post questions here first before I call customer service...Any thoughts?

Comments (2)