SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janepa_gw

If you glasses come out cloudy, if your tub has a white film try

janepa
15 years ago

While looking on the Appliance Forum and the Kitchen Forum for suggestions on dishwashers and ideas for remodeling our kitchen I came across a post concerning dishwashers not working properly. Since that is way I was searching I found a post exactly describing how I find our dishes after washing them in our KitchenAid.

The product mentioned was Lemi Shine, which can be ordered on line - $25.?? for 6 - 15 oz. containers + shipping of $14.?? UPS. They also said it can be found at Wal-Mart, Target, etc. I did a search to see if any PA Wal-Mart carried it, but I came up with 0. Since I didn't want to pay that much shipping, I called our local Wal-Mart, and YES, they had it in stock. I made a trip there today and bought all four containers (plus my monthly supplies) at $3.66 ea (x 6 = 21.96) a savings of over $3.00 & NO shipping. I tried it as soon as I got home and I am thrilled. I put in some glasses that were all cloudy and they came out sparkling. The KitchenAid has a stainless steel tub and it was covered with a white residue. That now looks great, too. The company recommends for first time users and dishwashers with serious buildup to run an empty dishwasher for a few minutes after adding Lemi Shine in the soap dispenser. Then shut the dishwasher off and let it sit over night, and finish the cycle in the morning. I couldn't wait that long so see the results. IT IS A WINNER!

I am sorry this is so long, but I hope it helps someone else out there. We were thinking we needed a new dishwasher. My DH had checked all the wands, etc. and we knew it was getting water etc, and rinsing (I use Jet Dry, also), but nothing previously worked. I am also back to Cascade Complete powder. We thought our water was medium in hardness, but maybe it is harder.

Thanks for reading. Jane

Here is a link that might be useful: Lemi Shine

Comments (6)