SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Best electric range under $500

loves2read
11 years ago

My son recently married and bought a house...the house was a HUD foreclosure that was bought and went through some needed refurbishing by the guy he bought it from but a new range wasn't part of it...The seller did just enough to get it to pass inspection but it is really not in good working order.

They would eventually like to change to gas cooktop but that costs too much now.

I said I would buy an early Christmas present if they would be happy with one for 500 or less...Something that is decent quality for short term, if not for 10 yrs...

I don't trust Craig's List after some stories in my local area paper --- and the Sears outlet is not showing enough of a price difference to make their ranges that much of a deal...at least to me...

Any suggestions for electric ranges that have decent ceramic cooktop and oven that will bake decently? Not induction---they can't afford new cookwear anyway...

I can order from Sears, Home Depot, or Lowe's and get bonus air miles so would prefer one of those main stream sources...

Not sure about space available/dimensions in their kitchen but will ask my son since he is the cook of the couple...

It looks like a 30 inch range...

Comments (3)