SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stretchad_gw

Good gas or electric ranges under $1600?

16 years ago

A lot of the discussion on this board seems to be around premium brand name appliances...unfortunately, I don't have the budget for them at this stage in my life, so I'm looking for a good option for a gas or electric range priced under $1600 or so, in a stainless steel finish. I don't need warming drawers or convection, but would consider buying those "features" if the price warranted it. I want a consistently good range that will last for a while, and will look good in the kitchen.

My experience with GE Profile gas range that I had in my last home was good. Cooked cookies to perfection, but i had trouble keeping the cooking grates on the range top clean. I'm also notorious for spill overs, although, they were much less frequent on my gas range as compared to my basic electric coil range in my temporary place right now. I think if we do go with electric, we'd want a smooth top. We're considering running gas, but in the event that it's cost prohibitive, we'll stick with electric, hence the request for suggestions on both.

So, that said, are there any reliably good mass-brand gas or smooth-top electric ranges that you'd recommend that come in under $1600?

Comments (5)