SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angryrooster

Dell PC system restart to factory new.

jjaazzy
13 years ago

Ok, when I purchased my Dell it had lifetime telephone support, and they have done so over the years no problem. Till the other day, I called them to walk me through a system restart and after being transferred time and time again and speaking to just about everyone in India.... they tell me NO they can't help me. What would have taken them 10 minutes to help get me started (I have done it many times I just like someone to walk me through it) They instead took up 3 hours of my time and I got no where. So Garden web to the rescue! This site and the folks on it have helped me time and time again.

Here is what I have... Dell Dim 8250 running XP it is from 1993 and I should have the disks. I need instructions on what I need and the steps to take to bring it back to factory new. I have a virus and it won't bring up web sites address unless they are typed in exactly in the address bar otherwise it gives a "check internet connection" page.

I had a good history with Dell but this has put a pin in my plans to get a new computer, it won't be a Dell.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments (10)