SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marydddd

Capital Culinarian repair service - Is this typical??

Marydddd
10 years ago

Hi,

I recently purchased a 30 manual capital culinarian range, based in large part on the comments on this forum. I love the cook top, the burners are fantastic. I don't do a lot of cooking that takes advantage of the maximum output of this range, but love the burners for the medium to low cooking that I do. I have used a simmer plate when keeping a large pot of stock at a bare simmer. Not a problem for me.

Sadly, my oven and broiler have not worked properly from the beginning. The oven has been uneven and cooks slow and the broiler simply does not work. I assume once I have it repaired that I will be satisfied - at least I hope so.

My question has to do with the repair service. It has been over 3 weeks since I called Capital to request service and I am still waiting for the repair to be finished. The local appliance repair firm that Capital contracts with seems to be quite busy and offers first available dates a week out. The repair technician was quite nice and seems to be good, but it's now been over 2 weeks and still no replacement parts to be installed.

I've had extensive conversations with the appliance repair firm and with Capital but am still looking at another week before they get the parts and get them installed.

Not being able to use my oven is quite inconvenient and the entire experience is very disappointing. I had expected much better.

So my question is addressed to those of you who have Capital Culinarian ranges and have needed service, Is this typical? By purchasing a capital range, have I signed up for very slow service or is this possibly just a one off situation that most likely will not reoccur on future service calls?

Comments (32)