SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

Ginger wire baskets or corner shelf for tub/shower storage

julieste
9 years ago

We have the standard size tub/shower combo and live in a hundred-year-old house. We are trying to maintain a pretty appropriate period look with white subway tile for walls and matte hex for the floors. I will need some storage for shampoo and soap and conditioner in the tub area because there isn't much room to balance things on the tub edges. I think we've eliminated the idea of a niche because (a) it is probably too contemporary and (b) I've read that these sometimes can be hard to keep clean and free of scum.

That leaves me with two options that I think would work--a built-in corner shelf made of marble (installed at the far end away from the shower spray pattern) or Ginger wire baskets. My objective with either purchase is ease of keeping clean and longevity. How does one keep those lovely Ginger baskets with all those little wires clean? Do they get scummy? Since both choices entail major tile damage problems if there is a fixture failure, I want something that will last as long as the tile job.

Can any of you help me out with comments? Thanks.

Comments (11)