SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

shampoo storage in tub/shower combo

3katz4me
14 years ago

I'm trying to figure out what to do about this. I pretty much have no where for the recessed niche kind of thing because I have a lot of pocket doors in my bathroom walls. I also don't think I want the little corner shelf kind of thing because I want an uncluttered look and there's going to be a bunch of other stuff in there. At one end will be the handheld shower and that long cord and potentially a slide bar plus all the controls and on the side will be a horizontal grab bar. At the other end of the tub will be some kind of towel rack because it's one of the two places we can hang a towel and I want a place to hang two damp towels to dry.

So what I was thinking is that I'd like some kind of shelf above this towel rack at the end of the tub. I also like that this wall is not one that you see when you walk by the bathroom so you don't see this "clutter" every time you look into the bathroom.

I saw someone here had a combo towel rack with a glass shelf above and I kind of liked that idea. Could either be a combo or a towel rack and separate shelf above. DH doesn't like the idea of the glass shelf. He saw some wire basket like thing and wanted that because water can drain through it. I didn't really care for that - like the clean, simple lines of the shelf.

Today I saw one of these wire rack type things at a showroom and they told me it was not for use in a tub/shower area. So now I'm thinking of telling DH his idea just won't work.

Is there any other option I should be considering - for a shelf that would go across the short end of the tub/shower combo - above a towel rack? Or is there some other option I haven't yet considered that would make for a clean, uncluttered look?

Comment