SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
murphyroad

Dishwashers -- Asko vs. Miele?

murphyroad
14 years ago

Please help if you have experience with both! I've narrowed down my choice to these and am having a tough time deciding:

Miele: There are a million great reviews from happy Miele Owners. I'm considering the Optima 2432 version. My impression is: People either love or hate the cutlery tray, the racks seem flimsy but must work OK and the dishwasher cleans well, is quiet and will last a long time. May not dry plastics well.

Asko: Not so many reviews. I'm considering the D5253. Comes with an internal fan that dries plastics better than the Miele. Has a metal tray underneath that protects hardwood floors (which I have) from damage. Cleans well, but not all machines are of the same reliability and service can be difficult, parts can take weeks to arrive.

My priorities: Need an easy to load machine that cleans beautifully, takes everything from baking dishes to pots to long-stemmed crystal champagne flutes, can be loaded/unloaded by the children of the family, won't leak and damage my hardwood floors, and will be reliable and long-lasting with no service calls or parts to wait for. Quiet is a bonus but not the most important quality.

I'm not asking too much, right? (ha)

Would truly appreciate your input. I've found a lot of discussion of Miele vs. Bosch, but have ruled out Bosch. Have also ruled out FP drawers as we have a too-large volume. Can anyone compare the Asko vs. Miele for me?

Comments (3)