SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ideagirl2_gw

Dishwashers. Asko? Miele? Bosch?

ideagirl2
11 years ago

So, we're moving. We've had an Asko for a few years and it's fantastic, no complaints. The DW in the new house is a piece of junk. So we need a new one, but I find myself mentally unable to spend upwards of $1000 on a dishwasher that does not offer a half-load option, and also mentally unable to spend $1800 on a dishwasher, which as far as I can tell is about what's required to get an Asko with a half-load option. (I say as far as I can tell, because neither the Asko site nor the AJ Madison site are set up to make it easy for me to search for that feature.)

We don't have a half-load feature on our existing Asko, and that's been the only "problem." We don't use dishes enough to run a load every day, we don't want to run the DW just to clean a few dishes... but sometimes there are dishes we want clean like NOW. A half-load option would be perfect.

I'm big on these three brands because they are all efficient, they're all quiet, they look great and they all have fancy-shmancy anti-leak protection. I figure if I buy a cheaper DW, I will wish I spent that extra $400 or whatever when my DW pees all over the floor and cabinets, costing me infinite hassle and quite possibly more than $400.

What are your recommendations? Warnings? Anecdotes? Appliance love stories? And so on?

Comments (4)