SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mkiv808_gw

Dishwasher: can't decide. Miele, Asko, JennAir, Viking, Bosch

mkiv808
13 years ago

So I'm just about done figuring out what I want for my new kitchen in my new construction house.

For the vent, I purchased a Vent-a-Hood and it's installed. Beautiful unit, highly recommended just based on appearance.

For the range, I am going with a Bluestar RNB-30.

For the refrigerator, I'm going with one of the three 36" french-door refrigerators which have all the exact same internals it seems: Kitchenaid, Jennair, Viking. All depends on style and how much I want to pay at that point, and also which dishwasher I am coordinating with. Leaning towards Jennair as it has a nice handle style and is a bit cheaper than the Viking (and also comes in 72" height).

For the dishwasher, I'm really not sure yet. My criteria are as follows - in order of importance:

1. Performance

2. Reliability

3. Appearance/resale

ASKO Model D5223XXLCS

- Have heard good things about Asko's cleaning, not so sure on reliability.

- Am concerned about my opening. I have a standard 30" opening. Is the gap going to look weird with these narrower Euro brands?

- The bar style coordinates well with the Jenn-Air refrigerator

Miele G 2182 SCSF

- Does the legendary cleaning and reliability live up to hype?

- Again, concern with less-than-30" opening size?

- Doesn't really coordinate well with the fridge handles on any of my choices, but that wouldn't be the end of the world either...

Viking VDB200 or DDB200

- Would match well with Viking fridge (obviously)

- Know nothing about performance or reliability. All I know is that I looked at them in store and everything about them feels very solid and sturdy, a bit more so than the other brands.

- Most snob appeal? Worth considering due to resale.

JennAir DB3200AWS

- One of the cheaper options.

- Two handle styles; versatile. Could coordinate well with JennAir or Viking fridge.

- Know nothing of performance or reliability as this is a pretty new model.

Bosch, not so sure which model. Haven't really looked into them. My uncle had Bosch appliances and they were a nightmare, so I've not put as much time into researching them.

The challenge with the Viking and Jennair is they're new models with very little info out there. The ASKO and Miele have been around for a while longer. Prices are similar, though the Jennair is the cheapest, with the ASKO in the middle and the Miele and Viking on the upper end. But at my Direct Buy discount, they're all within about a $300-$400 range.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help solve this tough decision. Thanks!

Comments (30)