SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aboc1212_gw

Bathroom pics and request for help/ideas for mirrors

aboc1212
14 years ago

We are just about to close on our new house (three weeks, yay!) and we need to find mirrors for our bathrooms. Our builder would have installed just the single piece of glass but we both don't really love that look so instead we are going to find something else. We are leaning towards a mirror in a frame, probably wood but not 100% committed to that idea - we just want the bathrooms to look finished.

I am posting pictures of three of our bathrooms each illustrating a different question I am dealing with. If it matters at all, this is not the final wall color. We will eventually paint each bathroom it's own color but for now we just had the builder do one color throughout. I would love to get your comments about any of these. And, if anyone wants to share pictures of mirror solutions in your bathrooms that would be fabulous!

Powder room downstairs. Here I am thinking of an oval shaped mirror but in this case a wood frame does not seem right. However, I am not sure what other style would look good. Wrought iron of some sort? This one is really stumping me

One of the secondary baths. Not much of the actual vanity is in this shot but the stain is a very dark espresso and everything else in the bathroom is very light. Here I am hesitant about a dark wood frame, but don't have any better ideas. If I do go that route, how careful should I be to match it to the vanity?

Master bath: Here I think we are leaning towards a wood framed mirror, and I assume it should match the vanity but I am really wondering what size mirror would look best? Should it take up the whole wall or should there be a border and if a border, how much?

Oi, for some reason this mirror thing is really making me stressed so thanks in advance for ideas!

Comments (11)