SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Had to go to the hospital yesterday afternoon

girlsingardens
15 years ago

After getting DH off to Sturgis, I was actually looking foreward to a few days of being lazy. The kids are still here but we can just let things go and do what we want and hang out. But around 1 yesterday afternoon everytime I would stand up to move around I would get a contraction. I had had a headache since Wednesday and was feeling nautious and upset tummy too. I spent most of the afternoon in the bathroom but when I would get up I would have another contraction. My folks stopped by on their way to Sturgis and I had my mom feel my stomach and she said that she could feel the contraction coming and then going.

I called the Dr. and first they said to just lay down and get hydrated, then called back and wanted to send me to the hospital to have a non stress test and see if I was having contractions. Well my folks left and the kids were all napping. I called my mil and she came an hour to stay with the kids and I headed out to the hospital. Unknown to me DH got my message and headed home, he drove 532 miles yesterday on his bike half on the way to lunch then he came home. I feel guilty that he is missing out on his brother's weekend with bil but was thankful he came home. My mil took the kids home and my sis is going to take the oldest to Kool-aid days in Hastings NE (Just to let you know Kool-aide was invented in Hastings, Nebraska. DH will go and get Hayden and he will be here with us.

Dr. said that I had a bad case of the intestinal flu and that was causing iritation contractions. There wouldn't lead to labor, but if I kept going and got dehydrated could lead to real contractions for me. So I got sent home with orders to stay off my feet for the next 48 hours on bed rest and keep hydrated and just have clear liquids. I am 26 weeks, and knew that they weren't the real thing but couldn't figure out what they were.

So 2 lazy days around here, I still have an upset tummy and a headache that I can't get rid of but at least I know it isn't the real thing.

Stacie

girlsingardens

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!