SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Pink UFO sighting yesterday afternoon!

schoolhouse_gw
12 years ago

I was standing at the livingroom window watching the approaching storm and boy it was dark and windy and scary. Suddenly I see this white sphere way up in the sky over the field across the road. It was so high I thought it was some kind of plane, but then it started to descend fast and was drifting in my direction - it was a pink balloon! It skimmed the power line and came right into my driveway then swooped under the garden gate. I couldn't see it anymore but wasn't about to go out in the storm to check it out. All I know is that it had some shiny tinsel attached - no note. lol I still haven't gone out this morning to find it as it's raining again.

Is it illegal to set helium balloons adrift? I've always had this idea that I would get two small hellium balloons, tie a tiny chair to them, place a tiny doll or figurine in the chair, and set the whole thing adrift. Maybe with my email address and instructions to put "Balloon" in the subject line. How high do you suppose the balloons would go? Would they interfere with air traffic at all? would I be responsible if they got tangled in power lines and caused a black out? This is on my bucket list. I have a little chair made of twigs and even the doll. What do you think?

Comments (8)