SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtvhike

Master bath critique (new construction)

mtvhike
9 years ago

For our new super-insulated house in northern NY, we have experienced some sticker shock. We need to design the master bath, without spending too much money. We don't, however, want to be too cheap. Our designer created a master bath which we didn't like too much, so we've tweaked the design, which I show here. We want a fairly roomy shower, so we selected a 42" neo-angle shower (this shape, because of the closeness to the corner of the double-sink vanity). The position of the sinks is somewhat constrained by the windows, the sills of which are 5' above the floor, but could be raised at this stage. Mirrors would be put flanking the middle window. On the west wall (behind the door), we were thinking about linen and other storage space. The counter could be extended to meet the south wall, or that space could be used for more storage. I guessing we could do this for about $10,000; what do you think? Our contractor says tiling is very expensive, but not tiling would create a cheap look, in my opinion.
Directly below is the utility room in the full basement.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths