SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itltrot_gw

Vnity layout help X-post from decorating

itltrot
12 years ago

I am forever in the planning stages of my bathroom remodel. We've got most of the layout and materials figured out but I am still unsure about the vanity.

Current vanity space is 84" in length. There is a 24" window directly in the center of the vanity leaving 30" on either side. DH thinks I should add a make up area under the window area. I'm hesitant to do that because that is currently where the vanity drawers are. I need drawers as we don't have any other storage for whatever is in those darn things.

I'm leery about adding medicine cabinets for a couple reasons. Mostly due to them being on the exterior North wall and being cold if recessed. Secondly, I think DH would stop using it because it'd be a hassle to put something up everyday.

After the remodel, I think we could have up to 96" of space to be used for the vanity but the window would still be in the same location.

Here is a horrible picture of the current layout.

The wall with the spindles will be gone and the toilet will be moving to a new location and that area will be the new shower. Yay plumbing changes!

Here's a rough sketch of the proposed layout. Actually this one shows just a 12" set of drawers and larger vanities but you get the idea of the space.

Oh, and what shape of mirror would you use with the arched top window? I hate the ones that came with the house. The aren't even the same size. Grr.

Other opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Comment (1)