SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrscarrots111

Massively gouged up galvanized standing seam on new house...

mrscarrots111
10 years ago

I was hoping someone here has had experience with galavanized standing seam metal roofing and could offer advice. We are in the home stretch on construction of our new house and the roof has been installed. During the process we noticed that as the roofers moved across the galvanized surface it was being scratched or rubbed shiny. The roof is a 12/12 pitch on top of a two story and that is an install problem in and of itself...however the roof now looks horribly scarred and scratched with footprints and ladder drag marks all over the surface. our general contractor has been slightly evasive about the problem saying give it a few years and maybe it will oxidize and hide the problem...really? I now I've seen them trying different chemical applications on the worst parts, no luck and can't imagine covering 30 square of roofing with a spray bottle. Is this normal for galvanized? Did they install wrong...anything you could offer would be great as I can feel a big argument ensuing and possibly a refusal to sign a draw check coming up...

Comments (19)