SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertsteph

need help with Secure Connection Failure

desertsteph
14 years ago

hi ya'll. I need some help.

I'm getting this error msg (below) when I sign into hotmail. I put in my user name and password, click on 'sign in' and get this error page.

it started on Saturday. I could get around it by pulling hotmail up on google, clicking there and then signing in.

yesterday (Sunday) that doesn't even work. I can't get into windowlivehelp to ask either because I have to sign in there - and i can't.

I called msn - they can't help unless I sign up with them for a yr at 19.00. I'd do that but when I attempted to check online for the balance on my visa gift card (use that online) I got the same error msg - so can't check that. I'm sure I have that much left on it and will try to use it if I can't get help here. I just found out this forum existed!

I have a new dell (in march) with xp (s3),micro trend on it and ad-aware. have run both. comes up with some adware that I removed.

error msg I'm getting is:

Secure Connection Failed

msnia.login.live.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate will not be valid until 6/15/2009 5:00 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

thx!

Comments (9)