SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Tell me it's going to be okay!

charlikin
15 years ago

So my contractor just informed me that he can't actually put my bathroom back together (now that it's an empty concrete pit).

The problem is that it's a fireproof apartment building and I'm not allowed to use wood studs in the wall. He says that the room is way out of alignment and he can't reframe it without using *some* wood studs. I asked what my options are without wood studs. He said there aren't any. He and the tile guy and I are meeting there tomorrow morning to discuss this; I called my coop's managing agent (who has to approve all the work) and asked him to be there too.

The contractor didn't seem at all panicked about any of this. Of course it's not his bathroom. I'm figuring I still have a perfectly good hole in the floor; unfortunately, female anatomy is not well-conducive to aiming.

Uh - maybe I should have left my old bathroom??? I'm feeling a little like Humpty Dumpty here!!!

Corollary question: do you think the problem is that I'm using 14" tile on the walls? Would 1" mosaic help? (Then the walls could stay out of kilter?)

Comments (14)