SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baccigalup

bluestar vs american range wall oven

13 years ago

I have been on this site and others researching both. we are expanding our kitchen and going through the dilemma of picking out appliances.

We initially wanted a 36 gas range and I was all but sold on Bluestar until i researched more and discovered the 36 inch oven takes over 30 minutes to preheat. I confirmed this by speaking with Bluestar directly. this is a major turn off for me. I then found the capital Culinarian and was interested in that but see its not yet available and still in prototype phase so i am concerned with buying anything so unproven yet.

So now we are thinking about changing our config a bit and getting the 36 inch bluestar range top as we like the open burners. Then we will get two 30 inch single wall ovens, one gas, one electric to have the best of both worlds.

The only problem is there are not many choices in gas wall ovens and it seems we be narrowed down to American Range and Bluestar. Viking has a terrible reputation lately and scares me a bit so although I like their wall oven config over the others I have to rule them out for reliability.

My concerns are - preheat time and broiler space.

Does anyone have these wall ovens in gas and or electric and can they comment about them on any and all aspects from use to reliability to heat dissipation in room etc

thanks

Bacci

thanks

Comments (9)