SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_880786120

Bluestar RCS vs Viking 5 Series vs. American Range Performer Series

HU-880786120
5 years ago

I currently have an old 36" Wolf range that needs all burners replaced, which looks like it will cost approximately $1600 with labor. The range is about 20 years old (I recently moved in and of course started having issues). I am thinking about just purchasing a new range at this point and wanted some insight into potential ranges that were brought to my attention after a visit to an appliance store recently. I am trying to spend less than $6000.

Bluestar RCS: I have heard good things, but wanted to see if anyone has had any experience. It looks like there are options with open (15k BTU) and sealed burners (21k BTU). I understand the pros/cons in open vs. sealed burners but are there any differences I will notice in terms of strength between the burners?

Viking 5 Series: This is about $1000 more than the Bluestar, but also comes with a dishwasher. I have read some negative opinions of Viking in terms of quality control and customer service.

American Range Performer Series: I went to a store and had this product pushed on me. The open burners are 25k BTU, which definitely seems like the strongest at this price range. I have also read some issues with customer service.

Any insight/thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (8)