SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristinekr

inexpensive tub surround--preferable without caulk lines

kristinekr
13 years ago

Hello,

I am doing a budget renno of our bathroom. The bathroom has not been touched since the house was built in 1973.

There is a one piece yellow tub/shower unit. Other than being a little stained (which is covered by a shower mat), there is nothing wrong with the tub--except the ugly mustard yellow color.

I use a shower curtain, so was just going to keep the tub and redo the rest of the bathroom--new floor tile, new vanity, sink, lighting. My husband thinks it is a terrible idea to keep the tub and I don't feel like arguing about this.

I don't want to spend a lot of money for something that will be covered by a shower curtain. So I was thinking a new tub and surround kit. (A one piece surround will not fit through the door.)

I looked at my sister's multi piece surround and hated the visible caulk between the tub and the surround.

Sterling advertises a no caulk surround. but, would there still be caulk between the tub itself and the surround?

Are there any other inexpensive solutions such that i will not see caulk. I do not want to spend more the $1000 total on a tub--materials and labor.

I have not had any issues with the current tub and hate to spend the money to replace it and end up with something that is inferior or leak, ect.

thanks so much, Kristine

Comments (6)