SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gbsim1

I'm back.... and we're moving!!

gbsim1
13 years ago

I've been away from the KF for a while and mostly hanging out at Kitchens/Baths and Appliances. So that should give you an idea of where my head is these days.

We've lived here in Louisiana in the house we designed and built 25 years ago, raised our 4 sons, had a million memories and gradually done every little thing we've ever wanted to the stable, gardens, pool etc.... truly a labor of love and a comfortable house that is really a "home".

Well fast forward to 2009 and DH Joes upcoming retirement got us thinking about moving.... all parents passed away, the last son nearing the end of college and we were so tired of reading about the almost nightly murders in the local newspaper in nearby Baton Rouge. We were debating TN, NC, Arkansas, SC and suddenly it hit us like a freight train that we LOVED the little town where two of our sons had been students (the youngest is a rising Sr now) in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.

Last spring we bought some land there and began working on house plans, DH Joe got fully retired as of about 3 months ago, and we listed our "forever" dream home with a realtor in May. Now we're just waiting for the house to sell .... I hate to say hoping because I dread the gutwrenching moment I'll have to drive away from MY house. When it does, we'll move to Virginia and rent while we build the new house.

I keep saying that we are simultaneously scared to death and exicted.... and that about sums it up.

We spent months getting our house ready to go on the market and I had little time for posting or web surfing since I was usually knee deep in wallpaper or paint! But now the hard work is done so we've finally got some free time. I'm mostly over at the other forums browsing for home ideas, but cooking is always my love anyway.

Last week DH Joe made dinner (a pretty rare occurence) and he said... "this looks so good that I just might take a picture for GW!!" So that made me pop over and see what was going on.

So I'm baaaack!! and looking forward to posting again and getting to know everyone new and old!

Grace

Comments (19)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!