SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skeylargo

KitchenAide or GE Slide in Range

margo456
9 years ago

I really need to pick the microwave but since I am getting OTR micro I want to pick my range first and than just get the micro to go with it.
I am getting really close to finalizing my kitchen design and my KD wants me to pick exact microwave so he can order the cabinet sizes to fit well around the microwave. I am getting semi custom cabs so he wants to adjust the depth of cabs so the sides of microwave don't show and adjust the height of cab above so the micro is even with the bottom of cabinets.
I am not looking for high end range but I do like the slide in rather than stand alone. Right now I am looking at either Kitchen Aide range KGSK901SSS or GE JGS650SEFSS - they are close in price on AJ Madison. I am not crazy about the black enamel on the top and I do like the GE JGS750SEFSS look with SS top but not sure if I want to spend extra $ for it. I don't think I really need convection oven as I don't really bake much so I really would be paying more to have the SS top. I know it has the extra little burner in the middle but don;t know if I really would be using it much?

I've read mixed reviews on KA ranges and most reviews on GE I found were on higher end models. Also, with the knobs on top in GE seems like it would be more cleaning required from food spills?

Thank you for any input on it.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!