SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beemshake

Gas ranges: KitchenAid Architect II vs GE Profile/Cafe vs ??

beemshake
15 years ago

Hi there. I think this topic has come up many times, but the last such thread I could find was dealing with last year's models, so I thought I'd bring it up again.

I'm in the market for a good, sub-$2000 gas range. The 2 I've been focusing on are the KitchenAid Architect II series (models KGSS807SSS and KGSS907SSS) and the GE Profile or Cafe series (models CGS980SEMSS and PGB910SS, which I believe are functionally about equivalent). I love the look of the KA and I can get a very good price on it, but I'm concerned about a few of the reviews I've seen regarding the noise of the convection fan, as well as some cleaning/heating issues (though maybe some of those were only problems on the Architect I series?). I'm also a bit concerned about the rep of KA's customer service. Meanwhile, the GE has been long revered (including Consumer Reports top rating last year, I believe), and though I've seen only good customer feedback, many on this board repeatedly claim that GE has really fallen off.

So, what direction should I go? Is the KA really too flawed to measure up to the GE? How loud is it? And if GE has fallen, what are the problems you've had? Or, are there other brands in my price range I should consider?

Thanks!

Comments (6)