SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mandyscherer

KitchenAid Architect ii vs Bosch 800?

farmdrmer
9 years ago

Hi,

We are building a new house and I've been scouring the appliances forums, trying not to get too discouraged that it seems every brand has something wrong! : )

We have settled between KitchenAid Architect II and Bosch 800 lines, specifics below. We are strongly leaning towards doing a Bosch cooktop with KA fridge, DW, and ovens. If anyone has done a similar comparison or owns these, I'd love to hear from you! I'm struggling a bit because I'm really leaning towards the KitchenAid, but seems like Bosch usually has a stronger reputation? Thanks so much for any input!

Gas Cooktop -
KA - model KCGS356ESS - this isn't the Architect line, but it is the only one with the center controls. My husband won't go for the front line controls on the Architect cooktop, says pans too close to controls.
Bosch 800 NGM8655UC - we strongly prefer the Bosch on this one

Fridge -
KA Architect - KFCS22EVMS
Bosch 800 - B22CT80SNS
we've seen them in person and they are basically same fridge. We prefer KA slightly.

Double Electric Ovens -
KA KEBS207BSS
Bosch 800 HBL865IUC
slightly prefer KA from viewing them in person

Dishwasher -
KA KDTM354DSS
Bosch - not sure here, might do the lower level Ascenta because I'm having trouble telling the differences between the models on the Bosch.

Comments (35)